Are you looking for some really easy, simple to set up wedding reception table decoration ideas? You’ve come to the right place. Everyone wants their reception tables to look great and match their overall wedding theme. But, your tablescapes don’t need to give you a headache or break the bank. You are going to be quite busy the day of your wedding, so you need quick, easy centerpieces! Many of our ideas are quite affordable, as well as no fuss!
1. Seasonal fruit in decorative bowls or baskets. Did you know that you can spray paint inexpensive bowls to match your color scheme if necessary? Go “green” – Give guests beautiful centerpieces, and snacks at the same time! Beautiful color, and no waste.
2. Tulle fabric table runner with floral items or arrangements. This combination can be as simple or as elaborate as you’d like, and will easily adapt to any color scheme. Use your bridal party bouquets as some of the floral accents – especially at the bride & groom’s ‘head table’.
3. Pre-made floral arrangements. Probably the most simple, yet beautiful way to spruce up any table. Short or very tall are best for conversation. Be cautious of tipping with very tall, slender floral arrangements on small tables & outdoors.
4. Shells, candles & sand. Gorgeous possibilities await with this summer wedding centerpiece idea. Do a practice layout before the wedding day and take a picture of it when you get it just right (so your helpers know how you want the elements arranged). Have a shoe-box sized plastic bin available for quick clean up of the sand after the reception.
5. Fabric napkins, stemware & votives. Don’t underestimate the simple, crisp beauty of glass and candlelight! Beautiful, inexpensive & eco-friendly!
6. Petals and tea light candles. Arrange them into swirling shapes or randomly spread them out for a soft, easy look. Use buds or whole flowers too (just the heads) if you like! Make a heart shape with the tea lights on round tables.
7. Stemware, petals & wine bottles or sparkling cider. Set up in the middle of round tables or in clusters at rectangular tables, this combination would be both practical and lovely. Go “green”. Could be set up on a colored cloth.
8. Fresh cut greenery, candy canes & candles. So easy, fragrant and fun for holiday weddings! Use white Christmas light strings if your venue doesn’t allow candles to be lit.
9. Pre-made wreaths (lay flat) and candle. Not just for the holidays, wreaths can be created to match any theme and color scheme. Simply lay them out! Works especially well for round tables. Wreathes also make nice gifts afterwards for the bridal party or for other helpers as well.
10. River rocks. Go “green” – Consider using polished, river rocks as decor. As soon as your event is done, bring them back to nature… Use a large size and have guests write inspirational words on them as keepsakes for you!
11. River rocks, bowls & floating flowers. Easy to assemble and has a very natural look. Can easily match any color scheme. Eco-friendly centerpiece!
12. Mirror, confetti and candle(s). Adding petals also would soften this look. Very easy to set up and adds lots of shimmery color and light to your tables.
13. Balloon bunches. Lots of bang for your buck! You’ll need something heavy to anchor them down, although you can purchase them with plastic heart-shaped ‘anchors’ on each balloon. Make sure strings are kept long to foster conversation at tables.
14. Candelabras with ivy. Classic and so simple to set up. Ivy could be fresh cut or silk. Candles can match your color scheme. Candelabras can be rented!
15. Fresh cut flowers in vases. Use seasonal flowers from your yard, a friend’s yard, florist, or grocery store. SO simple to set up and clean up. Give the flowers to your guests as they leave the reception so they can be put to good use afterward. Ask your venue, florist or caterer if they have vases.